Energy Upgrades in the built environment
The services we provide are based on a high level of validated technical expertise across all aspects of energy upgrades in the built environment. Within our team we have 400+ combined years of MEPR and BMS experience and we have delivered in excess of 20 LEED Gold/Platinum CxA projects. e2s is a NEBB nationally certified company, with certified engineers and technicians on our staff and in the field.
Scroll down for details of our areas of service.
End of life turn-key project designed, managed and implemented for HVAC / Refrigeration / Control / Lighting equipment renewal / replacement
- Replace HVAC RTU, AHU, Make Up Air (MUA), and Dedicated Outside Air Systems (DOAS)
- Replace refrigeration compressor rack systems
- Refrigerant upgrades to lower global warming potential (GWP)
- Replace refrigeration air and water cooled condenser systems
- LED lighting upgrades with daylight harvesting, dimming zones and controls
- Building Management System (BMS) control upgrades and expansion
Energy Efficiency turn-key project designed, managed and implemented upgrades
- Upgrade Controls for Refrigeration, HVAC & Lighting systems
- Install high efficiency ECM motors in refrigerated walk-ins, cases, HVAC evaporator fans, and condenser fans
- Install variable frequency drives (VFD’s)
- Add doors to open refrigerated cases
- LED lighting conversions and retrofits to front of house, back of house, and fixtures
We are trusted to implement the upgrading or replacement of critical infrastructure assets using a data-driven approach that matches systems selection accurately to operational need.
We specialize in energy upgrades and improving the energy efficiency of buildings to achieve maximum productivity and cost-effectiveness.
We minimize the threat posed to building occupants by airborne
infectious diseases like Covid-19 by ensuring proper ventilation and filtration are in place, thus reducing the risk of transmission through recirculated air
- New Construction MEP/R/BMS Systems Commissioning
- Renovation MEP/R/BMS Systems Commissioning
- LEED Commissioning for new construction, tenant fit out, and renovations
- Green Globes Commissioning for new construction, tenant fit out, and renovations
- Retro-Commissioning and Recommissioning of existing buildings
- HVAC air Testing and Balancing
- Hydronic water Testing and Balancing
- Outside air Testing and Balancing
- Kitchen hood exhaust and Make Up Air systems testing and balancing
- Building pressure measurement and verification
Our e-commissioning service provides off-site, closed-loop equipment test procedures that are fully implementable at a distance with remote system connectivity.
We are trusted to provide nationally certified, independent commissioning and functional testing services that ensure quality construction completion and maximum building performance.
We provide a coordinated, specialist in-house team with keen, real-world understanding of how large-scale commercial and industrial HVAC systems perform.
MEP/R & Energy Advisory
Existing building MEP/R/BMS due diligence for risk assessment and capital planning:
- Building acquisitions
- Lease acquisitions
- Take overs
- Planned renovations
Program Development for:
- HVAC, refrigeration, lighting and control equipment standards
- National equipment renewal processes
- Master budget planning for capital and expense
- Best practices for MEP/R/EMS planned maintenance programs
- Covid Mechanical System Consulting and Ventilation Rate Confirmation
- Resiliency planning and on-site power consulting and design review/coordination
Difficult building performance and problem resolution
- Negative pressure building diagnosis and solutions
- Humidity infiltration diagnosis and solutions
- Poor kitchen hood exhaust draw diagnosis and solutions
- Substandard interior space temperature control diagnosis and solutions
Holistic approach to MEP/R systems, from initial site evaluations through commissioning, operations and maintenance, to upgrades and renewals.
Access our national network of in-house talent as an extension of your team, providing expert evaluation and problem solving services, tailored to your needs.